Wednesday, November 24, 2010

How do I change fork seals and cush drive rubbers?

I have a Honda CBR 250 MC19 (just to let you know lol, dont know if it makes a difference) and need to change these parts, would anyone be able to tell me how to do it, I would like to try sort these myself :)

Thanks! Jack.How do I change fork seals and cush drive rubbers?cush drive is simple...remove the rear wheel,sprocket holder and your at them....forks are a bit harder.

lift bike,remove wheel.inside the lowwer fork tubes is an alan key..loosen it,if it doesnt the take it to a mechanic..if it does then teke them uot[catch the oil]...pop up the dust seals,underis a large seal holding clip,remove it.loosen the fork tube top and remove spring...grab fork bottom and lift and pull down hard[like a slide hammer]...they should now seperate so u can get to the seal..change it...now reverse the prosedure...leave spring to last]when alls tight top up with the corect amount of oil and replace spring....sorted...done a pair on the gull arem last week...ps i hate typing ;]How do I change fork seals and cush drive rubbers?First of all buy youself a good workshop manual and study carefully the jobs you want to do, and if you feel capaple enough give it a go ! they are easy jobs but you do need to take care with the fork seals . good luck !
  • chi hair
  • tvs
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment